What is a School Resource Officer?
School Resource Officer (SRO) Zaugg is a member of the Enforcement Division, and is assigned to serve schools within the City of Pendleton. SRO Zaugg works in collaboration with educators, students, parents, and the community to reduce crime, drug abuse, violence, and to provide a safe school environment.
SRO Zaugg is certified through the National Association of School Resource Officers and a member of the Oregon School Resource Officers Association.
How do School Resource Officers Provide a Safe School Environment?
- Patrol school grounds, respond to calls for service in the area, and participate in juvenile enforcement missions to prevent juvenile delinquency
- Provide guidance on ethical issues in a classroom setting or informal settings
- Provide individual counseling and mentoring to students
- Give classroom presentations on the work of the SRO, the criminal justice system, and other related topics that help to build an understanding of law enforcement's role in the community
- Participate in school-related events
The safety of students and staff and the security of our campuses are the two main concerns of School Resource Officer Zaugg. To meet the challenges of maintaining a safe campus, we ask for the assistance of students, staff and parents to be vigilant. If you feel that something needs to be addressed, please bring it to the attention of Officer Zaugg, school staff or other law enforcement as soon as possible.
- School Resource Officer Lance Zaugg
- Contact: 541-276-4411, Ext 1125
- Email: lance.zauggci.pendleton.or.us ORlance.zauggpendleton.k12.or.us ( )