Contains information about the dangers of children using the internet. Rules, advice, and tips relating to Internet activities.
Safe Kids Worldwide is the first and only international nonprofit organization dedicated solely to preventing unintentional childhood injury. It focuses on one specific problem: more children 1 to 14 die from accidents such as motor vehicle crashes, fires, drowning, poisoning and falls than any other cause. Accidents kill one million children each year around the world and permanently disable many more. And almost all of these injuries are preventable.
Are you a victim of domestic violence, or think you know a victim of violence? Check out this website for valuable information on domestic violence issues. Take a quiz: How is your relationship? Find hotline numbers and information on how to file a protection order plus what you need to know about the effect of domestic violence on children.
- Domestic Violence Services
- State of Oregon Domestic Violence Council
- Umatilla County District Attorney's Victim Assistance
Do you got unused or unwantedPrescription Dr
ugs inyour household? Check out this website for information on how to properly disgaurd unused or unwanted Prescription Drugs. A reminder that the Pendleton Police Department also has a Drug disposal boxlocated insidethe front entrance.
FirstGov.gov is the U.S. government's official web portal to all federal, state and local government web resources and services. It is the catalyst for a growing electronic government, helping citizens navigate through the bureaucracy of government red tape. At FirstGov you can apply for benefits online, contact a government agency, or use the Internet's most comprehensive search of government websites - all from one easy location.
- Identify Theft - Learn how to minimize your risk or recover from identity theft with the Federal Trade Commission's top guide.
- How to protect yourself and what to do if your identity gets stolen- Information from the Pendleton Police Department about how to protect yourself and what to do if you are victimized. Information for both personal identity theft and for businesses, including forms.
Ready.gov is a common sense framework designed to launch a process of learning about citizen preparedness. One of the primary mandates of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security is to educate the public, on a continuing basis, about how to be prepared in case of a national emergency – including a possible terrorist attack.