Records Division - Reports
Requests for records held by the Pendleton Police Department should be directed to:
Pendleton Police Department
622 Airport Road
Pendleton, OR 97801
Fax: (541) 276-9108
Or by email to email@example.com
Information about the incident (date, location and type) and/or persons involved (name, dates of birth) will assist us in providing the correct record.
Business Office Hours
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Accident, citation, arrest and crime reports are available without charge if you are the victim. If you are not the victim, the standard fee is $6.00 per report. If the file is excessively long the charge is then $18.00 per hour for research and copying.
Requests are handled in as timely a manner as possible and are generally processed within five to seven business days following the request.
Public Disclosure of Reports
Public Disclosure of Crime & Arrest Reports: Every effort will be made to disclose as much information as possible complying with the Oregon Public Records Laws Oregon Revised Statutes 192.410 to 192.505 including but not limited to:
- The time, date, location, nature and description of a reported crime, accident or incident.
- The name, sex, age and address of a person arrested except as otherwise provided by law.
- The date, time and location of the incident and the arrest and the crime charged.
Exemptions from Public Disclosure
Oregon Revised Statutes 192.410 to 192.505 provides that notwithstanding any statute or rule of the court to the contrary, a law enforcement agency's investigatory records compiled for law enforcement purposes are exempt from disclosure to the extent their purpose would:
- Interfere with enforcement proceedings.
- Deprive a person of a right to a fair trial or an impartial adjudication.
- Constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy.
- Disclose the identity of a confidential source.
- Disclose investigative techniques and procedures.
- Endanger the life or safety of parties involved in an investigation.
- Endanger the life or safety of law enforcement personnel.
The information provided is intended as a guide for the public and media wishing to obtain records from the Pendleton Police Department. We fully recognize the responsibility of protecting the constitutional guarantees of fair trial and free press. We also realize this responsibility is equally shared between the police and media. This information is intended only as a reference guide and is not intended to cover every possible situation pertaining to the release of information.