Obtaining Copies of Accident Reports
The Pendleton Police Department has entered into an agreement with DOCVIEW, LLC to place traffic accident reports on the internet. The Docview.us.com Accident Report System was selected to serve as our traffic accident insurance and citizen request technology.
Visit www.docview.us.com to get a copy of your accident report. If you have any questions, call 1-866-394-0832 or 541-276-4411, ext. 104.
Citizens who do not wish to pay the convenience fee can still come to the police station and pay the normal report fee if they wish, however please note the Pendleton Police Department only accepts cash payments. Photographs can be made available on disc for an additional $6.00 or free of charge if they are forwarded to you via e-mail.
What is Docview.us.com?
It is an Internet based application that was developed to help law enforcement agencies and insurance companies manage and access traffic accident reports in a more efficient manner. Through the use of innovative online document management technology, you are now able to rapidly find and view an accident report usually within 24 hours of being scanned. No more waiting in line or mailing report request forms. Now you can access your reports over the Internet, 24 hours a day!
Like most law enforcement agencies across America, Pendleton Police Department has been pursuing an alternative to the hardcopy reporting, storing, and servicing of report requests. Pendleton Police Department concluded that the Docview.us.com system was the most suitable and secure solution as a local accident repository for insurance and citizen report requests. Pendleton Police Department wanted a system that was designed to do the following:
- Allow for multi-jurisdictional data sharing and searching
- A comprehensive system to facilitate web accessible availability of accident reports for insurance companies, officers and citizens
- Remove the police department from the billing and request fulfillment process
- Provide officers and investigators access to accident information for all agencies on the system
- Reports are available from work or home, 24 hours a day via the Internet.
- Saves citizens the hassles of driving downtown andstanding in line.
- Reports are converted to PDF format making them easy to view, save, print and email.
- Finding a report takes only a few seconds.
- Reports are accessible usually within four (4) to five (5) business days following an accident, excluding weekends and holidays.
- Reports cannot be modified, maintaining report integrity.
- Clear, high resolution images of each report for optimal viewing and printing.
Docview.us.com provided our Police Department with a high speed scanner, scanning software and training at no charge. Docview.us.com charges a nominal convenience fee for this service which is added to the cost of the report.Visit www.docview.us.com to learn more about Docview and its services. Citizens who do not wish to pay the convenience fee can still come to the police station and pay the normal report fee of $6.00 if they wish.